• Certified Personal Trainer (National Council of Strength and Fitness)
• Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED certified
• FMT Basic & Performance Kinesiology Taping
• FMT Blades & Blades Advanced IASTM
• FMT Movement Specialist (Basic & Advanced)
Services I provide
• 1-on-1 Individual Personal Training Sessions
• Instrument Assisted Soft-Tissue Massage (IASTM)
• Kinesiology Taping
• Golf Movement Assessments
• Running Movement Assessments
• Functional Movement Assessments
• Sports Performance Training
• Injury Mitigation/Protection Programs
• Mobility/Flexibility Sessions
• Movement Correction Strategies
• Small Group Sessions (up to 4 individuals)
Contact Aric to schedule your personal training sessions!
Doctorate of Physical Therapy - Utica College - Utica, NY (May 2020)
Bachelor of Science in Health Studies - Utica College - Utica, NY (May 2017)
Associate of Science in Liberal Arts and Science (May 2014)
More About Aric
My name is Aric Freischlag and I am a graduate of Utica College. There, I received a B.S. in Health Sciences and a Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree (DPT), of which I am currently awaiting licensure. I became a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) in 2014 and have been training numerous clients for the past 6 years, both in-person and remotely.
I have experience working with all ages including children with autism, individual’s post-injury recovery, sports performance for athletes (youth to semi-pro), senior citizens, and more. During graduate school I practiced as a student of physical therapy in many settings, such as, outpatient orthopedic, inpatient, and pediatrics (outpatient & school-based) all while continuing my personal training. Throughout graduate school I have received certifications in Functional Movement Training (FMT) Movement Specialist Basic & Advanced, FMT Kinesiology Taping, FMT Blades & Blades Advanced IASTM, and CPR/AED. I also competed as a three sport athlete in high school and played collegiate lacrosse during my four years of undergraduate studies, earning numerous accolades.
I enjoy working with individuals of all backgrounds on whatever their fitness and health goals may be. I enjoy working 1-on-1 with clients in the comfort of a private setting, such as the gym, or their home remotely/online. While I continue to await licensure for my DPT, I am continuing to provide exceptional personal training services in a non-traditional way. I take great care in improving upon my ability to understand you as the client and provide skilled evaluations and training with undivided attention and guidance. I find pride in helping clients of all ages, shapes and sizes progress toward a healthier, happier version of themselves.
Outside of training, I personally enjoy weightlifting, hiking, reading, being outdoors, coaching wrestling and lacrosse, and spending time with my daughter and family.